[SFGP] Greenzine - presidential debate, endorsements

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Wed May 9 20:46:42 PDT 2012

Dear Greens,

     You're invited to:

Green Party Presidential Candidate Forum
with Presidential candidates
Roseanne Barr, Kent Mesplay and Jill Stein

Saturday, May 12th, 2012
7:30pm - 9:30pm
at the
Victoria Theater

2961 16th Street (near 16th & Mission Streets BART Station),
San Francisco

Co-sponsored by:
The League of Women Voters of San Francisco (http://lwvsf.org/)
and the Green Party of California (http://www.cagreens.org/)

Moderated by: Rose Aguilar, Host of "Your Call" on
KALW-FM (http://www.yourcallradio.org/) and
author of "Red Highways, A Liberal's Journey Through the Heartland."

Barr, Stein and Mesplay will appear on the June 5th Green Party
primary election ballot for President.  The candidates will answer
questions on jobs and the economy, healthcare, climate change and
foreign policy/war & peace.  Questions will be taken from the
audience.

General admission $10.  No one will be turned away due to lack of
funds.  Please consider donating more than $10 if you want to help the
Green Party of CA grow.

For tickets and more information, see www.cagreens.org or call
415-664-7754.

The Green Party Presidential Campaign Forum takes place on the weekend
of the Green Party of California General Assembly in San Francisco.
We welcome you to attend as observers.  Learn more at
www.cagreens.org.

*===========================*

The SF Green Party has made the following endorsements for the June
2012 election.  We'll update our website soon with longer explanations
about each of these.

See:
http://sfgreenparty.org/10-campaigns/38-june-2012-endorsements

Prop A (garbage contract) - No
Prop B (Coit tower) - Yes
Prop 28 (term limit reform) - Yes
Prop 29 (cigarette tax) - Yes
Congress, CD8 - Barry Hermanson (Green Party)

President - we generally do not make endorsements in a contested Green
Party primary; we are hosting a presidential debate on May 12, so come
hear the candidates yourself!

Other offices - we generally do not endorse non-Greens in primaries,
although we may make endorsements for the general election.

*===========================*

Donate online!

We recently switched to a new payment processor, which makes it easier
to donate securely online, while keeping more of our donations going
to help our cause rather than ending up in the hands of Wall Street.

More info is on our website:
http://sfgreenparty.org/9-donations/34-donate-online

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/volunteer coordinator
Part time independent contractor (1099) position

We recently updated our job ad:
http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted