[SFGP] Greenzine: endorsements and events this week

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Aug 20 16:46:43 PDT 2016

August 20

    Jill Stein and Ajamu Baraka, the Green Party candidates for
President and Vice President, were on a prime-time Town Hall forum
on CNN last week.  You can watch it online, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIPu31PHIHo

    For people who get up really early on Sunday morning, ABC News
will have a live Q&A with Jill Stein on Facebook, at 7 AM on Sunday
the 21st, at facebook.com/ThisWeekABC

    We've received a number of requests for Stein signs and buttons.
We don't have official signs yet, but will announce it here when we
do.  We have Stein buttons that we made at all our events (below).

    If you want to help the Green Party build locally, Francisco
Herrera is running for Supervisor in District 11.  Find out more about
his campaign, here: http://www.francisco4supe.org/

    We are planning a large rally to support all our candidates, to be
held in mid-September.  Francisco is also looking for more people to
walk precincts and to phone bank.  If you can help organize, walk, or
call people, email us at cc at sfgreens.org.

    We've also sent out endorsement questionnaires to all candidates
for Supervisor, School Board, College Board, and BART Board.  If you
support a candidate for those offices and want them to receive the
Green endorsement, please contact them to ask them to return their
questionnaire by Aug 31.  We will post questionnaires on our website
and continue making enorsements next week and at a candidate forum on
September 6 (see below).  All our meetings are open to the public, and
new members are welcome!

*===========================*

What:  Voter Outreach at Sunday Streets
Where:  On Valencia Street between 16th and 17th (call for details)
When:  Sunday, Aug 21, 11 am - 4 pm

Barry Hermanson and others will set up a table for the SFGP at Sunday
Streets, to distribute slate cards and do voter outreach.  Call Barry
at 415-255-9494 for details on the location if you are planning on
stopping by.

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Monthly meeting, endorsements
Where:  Redstone Building, 2940 16th Street #301 (near South Van Ness)
When:  Wed, August 24, 7-9 pm

Agenda for this month, so far:

1) Discussion and endorsements of propositions and candidates for the
   November election
2) Campaign updates and volunteer opportunities

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome. To make a presentation or gain the SFGP
endorsement of events and issues, please contact our SFGP County
Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

*===========================*

What:  Green Party Candidate Forum and Endorsements
Where:  Mojo Theater, in Redstone Building, 2940 16th Street, 2nd floor
When:  Tues, September 6, 6-9 pm

We've sent out endorsement questionnaires to candidates for
Supervisor, School Board, College Board, and BART Board.  We invite
all candidates who return completed questionnaires on time to speak
and answer questions at our candidate forum and endorsement meeting
(scheduled for Tues, September 6 from 6-9 pm).

Our forum and endorsement meeting will take place in the Mojo Theater,
on the 2nd floor of the Redstone Building, located at 2940 16th Street
(between Mission and South Van Ness, 1 block from 16th St BART).
Completed questionnaires will be posted on our website,
http://sfgreenparty.org.

All our meetings are open to the public, and new members are welcome!

Paid contractor wanted: SF Green Party Fundraiser/Volunteer Coordinator
(a part time independent contractor (1099) position):

http://sfgreenparty.org/help-wanted