[SFGP] Greenzine: Jill Stein visits Bay Area tomorrow

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Mar 9 09:00:30 PST 2017

March 9

    Our 2016 Green Party Presidential candidate Jill Stein returns to
the Bay Area tomorrow, Friday March 10th!  We will also be doing voter
outreach at Sunday Streets in the Mission this Sunday.

    Details on these and other upcoming events are below.

*===========================*

What:  Jill Stein Visits Bay Area
Where:  UC Berkeley and San Francisco (details below)
When:  Fri, March 10, all day

>From 12 noon until 2 pm, Jill will be speaking at UC Berkeley's
Anthony Hall (Pelican Building).  The title of her talk is: "Building
Rebel Cities: Local Politics, Resistance, and Revolution in the Age of
Trump," which will address the "progressive, people-powered uprising
that is breaking out on the American political landscape, and the
potential for local-scale coalitions and insurgent electoral campaigns
to turn grassroots energy into political power of, by, and for the
people."

More info is here:
  https://www.facebook.com/events/1072266356212149/

At 4:30 pm, she and other Greens will be meeting at San Francisco's
Civic Center BART station, after which we'll go as a group to join the
allies contingent in the Native Nations March, which begins at the
Federal Building (90 7th Street) at 5:00 pm.

Idle No More SF Bay and Tribal Nations in the west are in solidarity
with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and Indigenous grassroots leaders
who are calling on our allies across the United States and around the
world to peacefully March for Native American rights on March 10th.
We ask that you rise in solidarity with the Indigenous peoples of the
world whose rights protect Mother Earth for the future generations of
all.

More info is here:
  https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2017/02/25/18796819.php

Jill will also be in Davis on Thursday evening, and elsewhere in
California over the next week.
For details on those events, please see:
  http://www.jill2016.com/events

*===========================*

What:  Sunday Streets
When:  Sun, March 12, 11-4 pm
Where:  Valencia, between 18th and 24th Sts, SF Mission

Greens will walk around between 18th and 24th Streets at Sunday
Streets with Green Party signs and petitions to Recall Ed Lee.  Mike
Murphy will have a small table at 18th St.  We will meet up with
Evolve volunteers at 24th St.  Evolve is a non-profit working to
increase education funding and reform Proposition 13 through
grassroots organizing.

Please email cc at sfgreens.org or call Barry at 415-255-9494 if
you're able to stop by and help.

*===========================*

What:  State Green Party Meeting
Where:  Central Labor Council, 200 West Jeffrey Street, Bakersfield, CA
When:  Saturday/Sunday, March 11 & 12, 2017

Registration:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/general-assembly-green-party-of-california-tickets-31190450477

The General Assembly
<http://www.cagreens.org/bylaws/2013-06-23#Article_7._General_Assembly>
is the primary decision-making body of the Green Party of California
(GPCA) and consists of delegates from each active county organization
recognized by the GPCA.

Join us, along with 2016 Green Presidential Candidate Jill Stein, and
many other National and California Green Party leaders, in getting
together to implement the Green Party's Ten Key Values
<http://www.cagreens.org/ten-key-values> toward a better world!
Registration is open now.  Please make sure to register early as
prices will increase on February 26th.

*===========================*

What:  Concert for Juarez
Where: 2940 16th Street, San Francisco
When:  Tuesday, March 21, 7 p.m.

Maquiladora workers are rising in Ciudad Juarez. They are protesting $5 per
day wages and abusive working conditions. Their courageous actions are
presenting a direct challenge to the "free trade" regime that keeps people
in poverty in Mexico and the United States to increase the profits of
transnational corporations.

Live music: Francisco Herrera - Elizabeth, Nancy and Mario Esteva - Diego
Sardaneta - and special guests

Tickets - $10 pre-paid or $15 at the door, children under 12 free

Sponsored by the San Francisco Living Wage Coalition and Trabajo Cultural
Caminante

For more information, contact (415) 863-1225, sflivingwage at riseup.net,
www.livingwage-sf.org