[SFGP] Greenzine: volunteer opportunities this weekend

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Fri Sep 27 09:30:11 PDT 2019

September 27

mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    We had a great discussion this week with Howie Hawkins, who is
campaigning for the Green Party's Presidential nomination in 2020.  We
discussed his platform, strategy, and potential Green New Deal
legislation in SF in 2020.

    We've also finished making our endorsements, and are now writing
up our voter guide with detailed explanations.  Here's a quick summary
of the people and ballot measures we support:
  http://sfgreenparty.org/endorsements/90-november-2019-endorsements

    Let's help our endorsed candidates to win!  Several upcoming
volunteer events are below.  We'll also need funds to mail our slate
cards, so please donate to help with this effort:
  http://sfgreenparty.org/donate

*===========================*

What:  Joint mobilization for Chesa Boudin for DA and Dean Preston for D5
Where:  9th Ave and Lincoln Way, SF
When:  Sat, Sep 28, 10 am

Join Chesa Boudin's campaign at a joint mobilization with Dean Preston
for D5 supervisor.  We will be canvassing for both candidates @10am on
the corner of Lincoln Way and 9th Ave.

*===========================*

What:  Voter outreach for Chesa Boudin for DA
Where:  Duboce Park, Duboce and Noe, SF
When:  Sun, Sep 28, 11:30 am

Join AFT 2121 and UESF, who are co-hosting a canvass for Chesa Boudin
for DA.  We will meet @11:30am at Duboce Park.

*===========================*

What:  Phonebank and other volunteer opportunities for Chesa Boudin for DA
Where:  1769 15th St (between Valencia and Guerrero), SF
When:  Tues, Oct 1, through the Nov election

Every Tuesday Chesa Boudin's campaign phone banks out of their office
located at 1769 15th Street.

Greens can check out other events and debates here at:
https://events.chesaboudin.com

If none of those days work, Greens wanting to volunteer can reach out
to Boudin's volunteer coordinator, Lali Mosqueda, directly at
949-482-5190 to schedule a day that works best for them!

*===========================*

What:  Vote in KPFA elections
Where:  online
When:  through October 15

Greens who are KPFA members have asked us for recommendations for the
Local Station Board elections.  These elections are ongoing through
October 15, and people who were already members before a couple of
months ago should have gotten ballots by email.  This is a ranked
choice election in which voters can rank all the candidates.

The SF Green Party has endorsed the entire Rescue Pacifica slate,
which includes two Greens: Christine Pepin and Don Macleay.  The other
members of that slate are Marilyn Langlois, Mantra Helene Plonsey,
Karina Stenquist, and Tom Voorhees.  Finally, after ranking all
members of Rescue Pacifica, we recommend that KPFA members also rank
Aki Tanaka and Carol Wolfley on their ballots.