[SFGP] Greenzine - anti-war rally this Saturday, members' meeting next week

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Thu Mar 16 08:40:24 PDT 2023

March 16, 2023

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    Join us and other Bay Area Greens at a peace rally this Saturday!
It's the 20th anniversary of the US invasion of Iraq, and many
organizations are demanding an end to the constant state of war.
Greens are leading this movement: about 1 of 4 participants at last
month's SF peace rally were registered Green, and Greens from at least
five Bay Area counties attended.  Details and location of this
Saturday's rally are below.

    As the Democrats work tirelessly on bank bailouts and starting
World War 3, they've given up on any pretense of supporting
progressive policy.  Barry Hermanson wrote an article about how the CA
Democratic Party won't even discuss Universal healthcare legislation
in Sacramento this year:
  https://sfbayview.com/2023/03/universal-healthcare-legislation-introduced-in-california/

    We also hope to see you all at our membership meeting next
Wednesday - details and agenda are below.

*===========================*

What:  Anti-war rally
Where:  24th and Mission BART Plaza, SF
When:  Saturday, March 18, noon

Join CODEPINK, ANSWER Coalition and Bay Area county Green Parties
in San Francisco to protest on the 20th anniversary of the
US invasion of Iraq.

The demonstrations will make connections between the human and
financial toll of US militarism at home and abroad.  Key demands
include:
    * End the $100 Billion in arms shipments to Ukraine
    * End NATO
    * Stop the permanent war economy that funnels trillions of dollars
      away from jobs, education and health care
    * Negotiations now!  The people of the US are not interested in
      the possibility of nuclear war nor the Pentagon’s policy of
      "weakening Russia."
    * No to war with China!

More info here:
https://www.codepink.org/piu20iraqsf

*===========================*

What:  Green Party monthly members' meeting
Where:  Redstone Bldg (2940 16th Street, near South Van Ness) #301, SF
When:  Wed, March 22, 7-9 pm

Agenda:
    * Introductions
    * Update on Spanish translation of our platform summary
    * KPFA updates
    * Further discussion of how to get inactive Greens to get more
      involved
    * Update on voter outreach, and plans for Earth Day.

Every 4th Wednesday the SF Green Party meets to discuss issues of
concern, listen to interesting speakers, endorse events, plan outreach
and more!  Everyone welcome.  All meetings are wheelchair accessible.
To make a presentation or gain the SFGP endorsement of events and
issues, please contact our SFGP County Council at: cc at sfgreens.org

Mask policy: Masks are currently optional indoors, for both vaccinated
and non-vaccinated people.  We provide the option for SF Green Party
members and invited candidates to participate in our meetings via
Zoom, so email cc at sfgreens.org for info on how you can join us
virtually.