[SFGP] Greenzine: Help Tax Uber and Lyft to Fund Muni

Announcement list for SF Green Party, updated weekly announce at sfgreens.org
Sat Apr 27 08:34:36 PDT 2024

April 27, 2024

instagram.com/sfgreenparty
mastodon.sfgreens.org/@sfgreenparty

    At our meeting last Wednesday, we had a great discussion with our
likely Presidential nominee Dr. Jill Stein about how Greens can
leverage her campaign to build local parties such as ours.  Dr. Stein
won the endorsement of the CA Green Party, so we encourage people to
help her campaign as well as getting active in your local Green Party
group.

    We also endorsed the ComMUNIty Transit Act, a community-led ballot
initiative to tax Uber and Lyft to fund Muni.  You can find out more
about this initiative at https://www.sftransitact.com/

    Greens are helping gather signatures to put this on the November
ballot, so it will need only 50% support to pass.  Some signature
gathering events are listed below and also at
https://www.sftransitact.com/events

*===========================*

What:  Signature gathering for ComMUNIty Transit Act
Where:  see below
When:  weekends over the next few weeks

Please RSVP to stay in the loop:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSec4G7alSuaFmejeSXZuAFPhF8mILrx4_1_8uDudqIe1ORZMA/viewform

* Saturday, April 27 at 11:30 AM, Presidio Main Post. Signature
  gathering at the Presidio Pop Up with Special DJ.

* Sunday, April 28 at 11:15 AM, Golden Gate Park. Volunteer Kick-off
  and signature gathering or flyering! Learn about the ballot measure,
  meet other volunteers, then get trained and help us gather
  signatures at the JFK Community Picnic at Peacock Meadow and JFK
  Promenade.

* Saturday, May 4 at 10 AM, Noe Valley. Signature gathering at the
  Farmer’s Market.

* Sunday, May 5 at 1 PM, Golden Gate Park. Signature gathering on JFK
  Promenade.

* Friday, May 10 at 5 PM, Chinatown. Signature gathering at the
  Chinatown Night Market.

* Saturday, May 11 at 2 PM, Golden Gate Park. Signature gathering on
  JFK Promenade.

* Sunday, May 12 at 10 AM, Ferry Plaza. Signature gathering at the
  Farmer’s Market.

* Sunday, May 19 at 10 AM, Clement. Signature gathering at the
  Farmer’s Market.