[Gpca-votes] Discuss: ID 134 - Election: Coordinating Committee, unscheduled vacancy, one male seat, remainder of July 2016 - June 2018

GPCA Votes gpca.votes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 19:02:08 PDT 2017

*Please send your discussion comments to gpca-votes at sfgreens.org
<gpca-votes at sfgreens.org>*

Discussion has begun for the following GPCA SGA ranked choice vote.

Ranked Choice Vote ID: 134
Ranked Choice Vote: Election: Coordinating Committee, unscheduled vacancy,
one male seat, remainder of July 2016 - June 2018
Number of Seats: 1
Ranked Choice Vote Administrator: Laura Wells
Discussion Dates: 10/02/2017 - 11/12/2017
Voting Dates: 11/13/2017 - 11/19/2017
Voting ends at Midnight Pacific Time

*Background:*

This election is to fill one unscheduled vacancy for one male seat on the
GPCA Coordinating Committee http://www.cagreens.org/committees/coordinating
resulting from resignation by Jose Trinidad Castaneda III, elected in June
2016 http://sga.cagreens.org/vote/irvresult?pid=89 to serve the remainder
of the two year term running from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2018. The
Coordinating Committee's Duties and Authority are found here
http://www.cagreens.org/bylaws/2016-07-03#Section_8-1_Duties_and_Authority

When such unscheduled vacancies occur, the Coordinating Committee shall
publish a Notice of Vacancy and Call for Candidate Submissions to the
active County Organizations, as per GPCA Bylaws 8-4.5
http://www.cagreens.org/bylaws/2016-07-03#Section_8-4_Elections This was
sent on July 10, 2017.

According to GPCA Bylaws 8-2.1, "The Coordinating Committee shall be
composed of up to 24 voting members, with 12 men and 12 women. Six men and
six women shall be elected each year to serve staggered, two year terms"
http://www.cagreens.org/bylaws/2016-07-03#Section_8-2_Membership and 8-4.1
"Elections shall be conducted each year by the Standing Green Assembly
using Ranked Choice Voting with a No Other Candidate option, with the six
week discussion period beginning on the first Monday of May and the one
week voting period commencing immediately thereafter"
http://www.cagreens.org/bylaws/2016-07-03#Section_8-4_Elections 8-4.3(b)
adds that the election as it is posted to the Standing Green Assembly shall
include: "A full and detailed explanation of Ranked Choice Voting, an
explanation of the No Other Candidate option, and an encouragement that
delegates make their choices seriously and a reminder that they do not have
to fill all seats unless they feel there are enough qualified candidates."

Ranked Choice Voting is explained here:
http://www.fairvote.org/fair_representation#ranked_choice_voting_prhttp://www.fairvote.org/reforms/instant-runoff-votinghttp://sfgov.org/elections/marking-your-ballot (click “Ranked-Choice
Voting”) • http://www.acgov.org/rov/rcv/ . Ranking 'No Other Candidate'
(NOC) means once NOC passed the approval threshold, no further candidates
will be elected, other than those (if any) who have already been elected
before NOC reached the threshold.

*Candidates:*

No other candidate
Stephen Zollman

*Bio and Statement - Stephen Zollman:*

My name is Stephen Zollman and I am applying to be a Green Party of
California Coordinating Committee member. As a formerSan Francisco Public
Defender, who represented our youth for over eight and half years, I am
very concerned about access to quality education, health care and clean
environments for our youth. I was appointed to the Sonoma County Child Care
Planning Council and served as its advocacy co-chair for two years. I also
served on the board of a Sonoma County nonprofit, River to Coast Children's
Services board as its fundraising chair for a number of years. To generate
more awareness of the need for greater diversity within our leadership
ranks, I served as chair of Sonoma County Pride in 2014. I have served the
family law needs of our low income through my Veteran owned law firm, as a
lead on the State Bar's Committee on the Delivery of Legal Services and
currently through representing parents and youth in the dependency system.
I would like to work to address the needs of our youth and continue to
build diversity within our party. Being on the board of the San Francisco
Bay Area National Lawyers Guild and national Military Law Task Force as
well as being an officer within the American Bar Association can help
facilitate this. I enjoyed serving on this committee previously.

Green Party work:

- On a National level, I have been active with the Jill Stein for President
Social Group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/Jill2016SocialMedia/ as well
as working with Michael Dennis and a few others consolidating quotes and
articles to be used for social media.

[
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-0/c284.0.200.200/p200x200/15138567_10102837507035087_7151911174360961180_o.jpg?oh=03a5d7ad466f51e3281aac6f0f3e937a&oe=5A05D458
]<

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Jill2016SocialMedia/>

Jill Stein for President Social Media Team Public Group ...<
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Jill2016SocialMedia/>

Jill Stein for President Social Media Team has 7,265 members. This is a
group for supporters of Jill Stein for President to share ideas and action
plans...

- On a State level, I am an administrator for the California for Jill Stein
page,
https://www.facebook.com/California-for-Jill-Stein-1574938662824728/?fref=ts
I have also worked to support our candidates like Marnie Glickman and David
Curtis.

- On a Local state, I have been a Sonoma County Coordinator since 2013 when
I established the Guerneville Greens,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/528720547163973/ I am also a Council
candidate for this June’s election. I am in the process of helping with the
social media needs of the chapter. While in SF, I worked to support
Francisco Herrera.

Thank you for all that you continue to do for the Green Party and for your
consideration. I would be honored to receive your vote.

Full details are available at:

http://www.sjcgreens.org/sga_vote_cc_vacancy_male

*Please send your discussion comments to gpca-votes at sfgreens.org
<gpca-votes at sfgreens.org>*