[Gpca-votes] Party growth

Jeff Lebow jlebow at socal.rr.com
Sun Oct 8 08:08:49 PDT 2017

Greg,
I was one of those temporary Dems and I reregistered Green in time before the election.

Nicole,
May I make one further suggestion as to what we can do to grow our party. Have local Greens lead, initiate, participate in a community service project or program that provides a solution to a problem recognized in your community. Make it known you are Greens and while working side by side with like minded community volunteers, establish a relationship which includes an invitation to join the party. Way back when the Black Panthers started with a breakfast program for kids before they initiated their self defense actions. It is my vision that our party gets known for community service and leadership during and in between
election years.
Several OC Greens have joined me harvesting excess fruit from residential properties and distributing that food to organizations feeding those in need of food assistance. Check out the Harvest Club of OC at: www.theharvestclub.org

Note, this project is now in our 8th year and attracts hundreds of volunteers, offering numerous opportunities for contacts with non Greens. While our Club is not a Green Party project, participating Greens leave a positive impression and a solid basis to invite others to join the Party. In short, community service gives our members year round exposure to others.
My two cents,
Jeff Lebow
Founder, The Harvest Club of OC

Sent from my iPhone