[GPCA-SGA-Votes] How to subscribe to the GPCA-Forum general discussion email list (was RE: Note Of Subject Header Change For This Email List)

Thomas Leavitt thomleavitt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 20:34:31 PST 2018

We need a procedure whereby parties interested in being an active part of
the GPCA can become "members", even in the absence of a functioning local
county Green Party. This should be as simple as affirming agreement to the
principles and values of the party as a part of joining a general interest
GPCA email list like "forum". Note that, even in Santa Cruz, the bylaws
don't permit universal membership; if you're under 12, or are a felon in
prison, or a felon on parole for a violent crime, you're not eligible as
per our county bylaws. I don't think we need to ask people to undergo
background checks online, but we should make requirements of that sort (if
we choose to impose them) clear for state level applicants.

... and we're off on a tangent again. Which seems logical, given that we're
a policy making body.

Regards,
Thomas Leavitt