[GPCA-SGA-Votes] Discuss ID 145: GPCA endorsement for Governor

Chris chris at bestofbroadway.org
Fri Feb 16 08:54:42 PST 2018

Thank you Anthony,

"splitting the base."
This keeps coming up. There were already candidates in these races.
Those same original candidates are less concerned that the vote will split than the people who entered the races later to split the base. It is a "baseless" threat.

"Reach out and get votes"
Broadens the base.
The June 5 primary is an open primary, which means we aren't competing for green share as much as competing for major party and NPP voters. If every candidate is allowed to proceed with endorsement, each candidate can perform the outreach you profess only one candidate is capable of, to their respective abilities, tripling our return and broadening the base.

"Should be started 6 months ago."
I agree, which is why it is foolish to consider invalidating the labor of three candidates in messaging for the party. If the vote were to proceed with an "endorse all," which it will not, I would support it more.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone