[GPCA-SGA-Votes] Discuss ID 153: Bylaws Interpretation: Election of GPUS Delegation Alternate seats

james clark faygodrinkit at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 14:53:36 PST 2018

I cannot support this proposal. The idea of a small group of deligated
picking the candidate would go against the value of decentralization. Not
to mention that most candidates are already on the ballot. That doesn't
change, even if they drop out. This makes this process entirely pointless.
Now if it had been done six months ago when candidates first start getting
their campaigns together it might be more effective, but even then, there
should be input from all registered greens on which candidate to endorse,
and not putting that power into the hands of the few of us privileged
enough to serve as deligates. I will be voting no on this proposal based
mostly on the key value of decentralization.