[GPCA-SGA-Votes] Discuss ID 157: Bylaws Amendment: Clarify Notice Requirements and Reset Quorum at a Minimum of 50% For Standing Committees’ Voting Membership

Thomas Leavitt thomleavitt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 00:29:43 PST 2018

That would require a separate proposal, I think, rather than an amendment
to this one.

I know that, generally, the GPUS aims for gender balance among committee
and Caucus co-chairs (although that target gets a little bit more complex
when you're dealing with gender diversity in a non-binary world; the usual
simplification is no more than one cisgender male); I think this should be
a goal of every committee, with a specified tolerance for deviation from
absolute balance for the sake of flexibility, and to incorporate non-binary
identities while still achieving "balance" (so that an eight member
committee with a non-binary individual and three cisgender men could be
considered balanced, as well as one with a non-binary person and three
cisgender women, for example).

Thomas