[GPCA-SGA-Votes] Green Party Sex Tape video

Nicole Castor nmcastorsilva at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:22:49 PST 2018

I had not said anything remotely close to implying sex work is disturbing,
offensive, embarrassing, etc.

What is disturbing, offensive, embarrassing is that the video seems to be
mocking a legitimate occupation, painting it as a sort of "last resort" to
stoop to out of desperation in meeting financial goals. Would the video be
funny if you replaced sex tape with "taking a job as a receptionist" to pay
for filing fees?

I had posted an article above, which a similar one is now posted, which
illustrates popular sentiment regarding a troubling stance of GP on sex
work, and i shared this to demonstrate that we ought to be careful in the
impression we give.

-N

While we are here, it is important that I mention, there is absolutely
nothing “disturbing” “offensive” or “embarrassing” about sex work. By
stating that this concept is so offensive to you, this is what you are
stating and I don’t believe that is acceptable.

Furthermore, if you listen to the video and script you will hear that this
video was ALSO intended to draw attention to that fact. As a statement
against slut shaming, and for the media to draw more attention to things
that matter. Like Monsanto and Chevron corruption. Which, by the way, is
something I know MANY greens are actively fighting for.

You being offended by the idea of sex work, is unfortunate. I am sorry that
you were not able to see past your prior indoctrination to see the big
messages being a video made humorous to get the message out to demographics
who don’t see the messages we do in our formats.

I would implore you to look into this topic.
https://theestablishment.co/the-green-party-is-failing-sex-workers-586329848557