[GPCA-SGA-Votes] Green Party Sex Tape video

John-Marc Chandonia jmc at sfgreens.org
Tue Mar 6 09:11:42 PST 2018

On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 04:06:25AM +0000, james clark wrote:
> I also agree, it doesn't look good. One correction though, neither Veronika
> Fimbres, nor Christopher Carlson are trying for the endorsement. Both are
> opposed to the process by which the endorsement is being handled.

I'd like to hear from the candidates themselves which ones are seeking
our endorsement.  Being opposed to the process is not the same as
not wanting to be endorsed.  Fimbres has certainly implied that she
wants the SF Greens' endorsement (although she has been promoting
other candidates as well, and does not appear to want a sole endorsement).

Some people in this discussion seem to be interpreting my concern
about the video as "prudishness."  That's completely incorrect.  I'm
concerned that it is too amateurish to represent our party well.  That
video might be effective at promoting a candidacy for student council.
Even for an "entry level" public office like school board, I think the
video is too sophomoric and poorly produced.  We are lucky it hasn't
gone viral, since that would most likely happen if Democrats
discovered the video and used it to portray our party and candidates
as incompetent amateurs.

This has caused me to reconsider my earlier inclination to endorse all
Green statewide candidates, although we won't make any decisions
until the SF Green Party endorsement meeting next week.

JMC
--
John-Marc Chandonia (jmc at sfgreens.org)
http://sfgreens.org/