[Sustain] [SFGP-A] Fwd: SF Dept. of Environment Giving Away Free Canvass Bags

Ann Garrison anniegarrison at mac.com
Sat Apr 7 22:42:26 PDT 2007

John McCain tried to sell me one of these canvas bags, in exchange
for signing up with the Environmental Defense Fund.

That was before Obama turned the McCain-Lieberman Climate Stewardship
Act into the McCain-Lieberman-Obama Climate Stewardship Act.

I'm really getting confused by some of these groups that seem kinda
half right, like the Environmental Defense Fund.  At first I thought
McCain was just pretending to represent the Environmental Defense
Fund, when his cyborg sent me that fundraising letter, 'cause the
outfit he was pushing, endorsed by Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward,
was called the Environmental Defense Action Alert.

But then I poked around the Net till I was pretty sure they were the
same thing.

The Sierra Club, the NRDC, and even----!!!!----the Apollo Alliance,
are the only non-native groups working with the native Black Mesa
Water Coalition in the Four Corners.  The Sierra Club seems sorta
kinda OK there, in the native Four Corners, but here, Mary R. says
they promoted Lennar's development in the shipyard.  And, in Obama's
Illinois, around the Great Lakes, some local Sierra Club chose "clean
coal" as their greenhouse gas limiting solution.

But the Environmental Defense Fund seems to do some good stuff,
especially with the Western Shoshone Defense Project, if I'm not
mistaken.  So, anybody in the SF Greens know what to make of the
Environmental Defense Fund?

I got so pissed off about that Apollo Alliance using the Diné Navajo
Dooda! Desert Rock Committee, which is fighting the Sithe Global
Industries' attempt to build a 60-acre coal-fired power plant at
Desert Rock, on the northwestern Navajo Rez,  that I left a message
on one of their "It's getting hot in here" websites telling them to
quit using these folks and their just-as-justice-ever-gets battle to
promote the Apollo Alliance's crappy pro-nuclear, pro-bio-fuels, pro-
ethanol message.

I think that youth leader of theirs, Billy Paul, on leave from Yale
for the past four years to promote the Apollo Alliance, is a a member
of Skull and Bones in training, probably in training for the CIA as
well.   R&R for one and all---Annie