[Sustain] [SFGP-A] Fwd: SF Dept. of Environment Giving Away Free Canvass Bags

Ann Garrison anniegarrison at mac.com
Sun Apr 8 16:34:40 PDT 2007

OK; this does seem important.  Obama introduced the Coal to Liquid
Fuel Transportation Promotion Act of 2007, with Jim Bunning (D-KY),
on January 4th, 2007.  This is one of those bills that's absolutely
lethal for the native Four Corners.

It hasn't come to a vote on the Senate floor yet.  Barbara Barbara
Boxer and Nancy Pelosi both seem to support it, though they refuse to
respond to my letters.  Di-Fi finally wrote to say she'd take my
concerns into consideration should it reach a full vote on the Senate
floor.

Again, not trying to start a bitter argument.  Just looking for
clarity.   I did some studying and found that Obama's daughter has
asthma and that, in the past, he did make some effort to fight coal-
fired power in Illinois.  But it seems that, now that he's running
for president, he has debts to pay to mighty Peabody Coal.   ---A.