[Sustain] Urgent! Hearing On Combustion Turbines Likely This Mon or Tue

Don Eichelberger done7777 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 4 20:38:53 PST 2007

And also the first meeting of the Peak Oil
Taskforce is happening  Wednesday, 12/5, 2:30 at
City Hall, 4th Floor. I plan to come and maybe we can caucus.

Don

At 05:43 PM 12/4/2007, Eric Brooks wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Supervisor Michela Alioto-Pier has just requested that Supervisor
>Maxwell hold a Land Use Committee hearing on alternatives to the JPower
>natural gas combustion turbine project. If Maxwell agrees, there will be
>a hearing this Monday, December 10 (probably beginning at 1pm in City
>Hall Room 263). If Maxwell refuses, the item will very likely be called
>before the full Board of Supervisors this Tuesday, December 11 in Room
>250 (probably in the later afternoon).
>
>In either case, public comment will be allowed, and we need to be ready
>to turn out in huge numbers to say 'NO!' to the JPower natural gas power
>plant.
>
>It is also possible that by next week, one of our allies on the Board of
>Supervisors will introduce an alternative proposal to the JPower project.
>
>Regardless of whether there is an alternative on the table, we need to
>stand strong in the position that San Francisco doesn't need -any- more
>fossil fuel generation and that any alternative that -is- proposed must
>be held to -very- high standards; much higher than the SFPUC's and Cal
>ISO's weak standards for the JPower deal.
>
>So, exciting things are afoot.
>
>I'll let you know by the end of the week what is happening with
>hearings, and with alternatives to the JPower deal.
>
>peace
>
>Eric Brooks
>Our City
>SF Green Party
>
>--
>"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate
>themselves." ­ Che Guevara

Don Eichelberger
DJ Fix Independent Productions

Green Uprising Blog
www.greenuprising.blogspot.com

My You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctRp5rGJoUc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iySwwyZfDgE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r9rK8nPREA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5UbnJ0kUqo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SktIYTyC1U

Donny Fix del.icio.us book marks
http://del.icio.us/donnyfix

The Hegelian/Marxist goal is emancipation.  Marx said it best in 1843:

"Human emancipation wll only be complete when the
real, individual man (sic) is absorbed into
himself the abstract citizen; when as an
individual man, in his every day life, in his
work and in his relationships, he has become a
species-being (politically accountabe to the
whole); and when he recognizes and realizes his
own power as social powers, so that he no  longer
separates this social power from himself as political power."