[Sustain] HEARING CANCELED! (Combustion Turbine Hearing)

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Fri Dec 7 12:06:23 PST 2007

IMPORTANT:

In true City Hall style, we have been informed by the Supervisors that
the hearing on the JPower Combustion Turbine plant is now postponed
until mid January. I'll keep you posted. Please pass the word.

peace

Eric Brooks
415-756-8844

previously I wrote:

Hi again,

Michela Alioto-Pier's hearing on alternatives to the JPower project
looks like it will indeed be in the Land Use Committee this Monday,
December 10, at 1pm, probably in City Hall Room 263.

HOWEVER - This is not yet 100% confirmed so please just tell folks to be
ready and that we will confirm by tomorrow (or Friday at the absolute
latest).

Previously I wrote:

Hi all,

Supervisor Michela Alioto-Pier has just requested that Supervisor
Maxwell hold a Land Use Committee hearing on alternatives to the JPower
natural gas combustion turbine project. If Maxwell agrees, there will be
a hearing this Monday, December 10 (probably beginning at 1pm in City
Hall Room 263). If Maxwell refuses, the item will very likely be called
before the full Board of Supervisors this Tuesday, December 11 in Room
250 (probably in the later afternoon).

In either case, public comment will be allowed, and we need to be ready
to turn out in huge numbers to say 'NO!' to the JPower natural gas power
plant.

It is also possible that by next week, one of our allies on the Board of
Supervisors will introduce an alternative proposal to the JPower project.

Regardless of whether there is an alternative on the table, we need to
stand strong in the position that San Francisco doesn't need -any- more
fossil fuel generation and that any alternative that -is- proposed must
be held to -very- high standards; much higher than the SFPUC's and Cal
ISO's weak standards for the JPower deal.

So, exciting things are afoot.

I'll let you know by the end of the week what is happening with
hearings, and with alternatives to the JPower deal.

peace

Eric Brooks
Our City
SF Green Party

--
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate
themselves." – Che Guevara