[Sustain] Community Choice Energy Victory Party

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Fri Jul 13 02:29:20 PDT 2007

Hey all,

You're all invited!

See below.

peace, Eric

brad at sfbaysc.org wrote:

Folks,

I'm throwing a party for the Sierra Club volunteers that worked on the
Community Choice campaign. Please come!! Also, please invite anybody
that you know of that did work on the campaign.

Here's the actual invite I sent out:

Now that we won, it’s time to party!

Seriously, I was at a Midwest Academy organizing training a couple of
weeks ago, and we had a conversation about how important it is to
celebrate victories. The Midwest Academy was started by organizers that
worked during the Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964, so if those folks
think it’s important to celebrate, who am I to disagree?

So that’s what we’re going to do, and I hope you can make it. We’ll have
some tasty local brews to sample, some snacks to eat, and some cool
people to hang out with. It will be a great chance to get to know some
of your neighbors and fellow Sierra Club folks who have been working on
this campaign. Plus, we’ll have a sneak preview of our next campaign.

So I hope to see you next Thursday, July 19th at 7pm in the Yosemite
Room, on the third floor of the National Sierra Club (85 2nd Street, SF)!

Brad Johnson
Conservation Organizer
San Francisco Bay Chapter Sierra Club
2530 San Pablo, Ste. I