[Sustain] Fwd: Blue Angels

Don Eichelberger done7777 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 31 17:32:59 PDT 2007

I went to

http://www.quakeradio.com/cc-common/bformmail.cgi

and told them:

Fleet Week and the Blue Angels are a giant ad for militarism.  Many
of us in San Francisco, of all places, hold hope that people can,
eventually, learn to deal with their differences in a more
enlightened way than warfare.  Humans should seek the capacity to
move past "survival of the fittest", "might makes right", and other
"stinkin' thinkin'.

But, first, we need to stop glorifying war, especially to our young.

Daly's legislation is well-meaning, but, if anything, it does not go
far enough.

Blue Angels are all the things Daly says they are, and more.  When
some of us see them, together with the whole Fleet Week pageantry, we
are reminded of the newsreel scenes from earlier days of
swastika-laden tanks or nuclear missiles with hammer and sickles
streaming along before the review stand, and can only hang our head
at what we have become.

Don Eichelberger