[Sustain] Leno Nuke Plant Measure - Strong Concerns

Don Eichelberger done7777 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 5 13:23:51 PDT 2007

Eric-

There already is a moratorium on new plants in CA pending resolution
of the waste issue.  Sure, this may not go far enough.  But it is a
first effort in a long time to educate legislators on this complex
issue without scaring most of them off with rhetoric.

This is not the be-all legislation.  I do not think ultimately
legislation will stop nuclear power, only slow its adoption while
people discover (again) what a boondoggle it is economically.

Ultimately, I think we need to focus more on getting legislation that
promotes, first, conservation, then alternatives.  But we also need
to keep fighting off the "nuclear renaissance", even as we challenge
the CEC, CPUC, DOE and other alphabet soup agencies and the grip on
them by the energy industries.

I welcome the opinion of others,

Don