[Sustain] New Campaign: Stop SFPUC Gas Power Plant In Bayview & Fully Implement CCA

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Wed Jun 20 22:51:40 PDT 2007

Hey all,

Now that we've passed Community Choice energy, and there will likely
arise a successful project bid, we need to fight hard to stop the
SFPUC's proposed new polluting gas power plant installation in San
Francisco's Bayview Hunters Point. With large scale renewables coming on
line, there is no need for this throwback to the 20th century to be
built. Our City has run a letter writing campaign to the SFPUC
Commissioners and Bevan Dufty for a couple of months now, and the
Commissioners are starting to turn against building the plant. (However
the SFPUC -staff- is still pushing them hard to build it!)

Please see Our City's new campaign page at
http://our-city.org/campaigns/index.html
and please help spread the word.

cheers,

Eric Brooks