[Sustain] Groundbreaking Natural Oil Clean-Up Movement Launched In SF

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Sat Nov 17 14:39:34 PST 2007

H all,

By far, the most inspiring environmental news I have heard in over a
decade was in an interview yesterday on KPFA Radio's Terra Verde
environmental program.

In that half hour show they describe a groundbreaking movement arising,
right now, to use natural hair mats and oyster mushrooms to holistically
clean-up and then compost into harmless organic material, the San
Francisco Bay bunker fuel spill.

What the program describes is a critical moment in time and human
consciousness in which thousands of people have taken their deep
frustration with our fossil-fuel/capitalist/war powered planet, and
channeled it into a direct counter assault on our global crisis, clearly
lighting a new beacon for a non-petroleum based world.

listen at:

http://www.kpfa.org/archives/index.php?arch=23320

--
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves." – Che Guevara