[Sustain] URGENT-EMERGENCY!: This MONDAY Polluting Fossil Fuel Plant Approval In Land Use Committee!!

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Sat Oct 27 12:41:05 PDT 2007

MORE THAN URGENT!

Sophie Maxwell and Aaron Peskin, at the last possible minute on -Friday-
scheduled a hearing in the Land Use Committee this MONDAY on Sophie's
resolution to support a polluting natural gas Combustion Turbine (CT)
plant to be built in San Francisco in the Bayview Hunters Point. Having
your voice at this hearing is vital!

The recently approved Community Choice renewable energy project and
Transbay Cable project together will bring San Francisco enough
electricity capacity to meet its peak load energy requirements. This
makes building yet another fossil fuel plant  in San Francisco
(especially in our most polluted neighborhood) completely insane! The
resolution has very strong, bad, wording that will make the fight to
stop this plant -much- harder.

**We -must- generate the biggest turnout possible on Monday. The hearing
is at 1pm and the item is first on the agenda so it shouldn't take that
long to get to public comment.**

Here are the meeting time/place details:

WHEN: Monday October 29, 1pm
WHERE: City Hall, Room 263 (The same room where they held the special
SFPUC hearing we spoke at.)

Turn out the troops and email everyone you know!
We recently kicked their butts in a similar hearing at the SFPUC, now
let's do so at the Board of Supervisors!

To read the resolution go to
http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/bdsupvrs/committees/materials/071058.pdf

If you have questions call me at my phone number below.

peace

Eric Brooks
Campaign Coordinator
Our City