[Sustain] FWD: Urgent - SB 880 (Kangaroos) Call Gov. To VETO SB 880

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Fri Sep 14 15:35:18 PDT 2007

The Governor's office is getting calls - but we need MORE please.
It's still not too late.

One quick call ... We need to get thousands of calls to the Governor
urging him to VETO SB 880.

It's QUICK and EASY:

1) Call: 916/445-2841 between 9a-5p PT
2) Select 1 for English
3) Select 2 to Voice Position on Legislation
4) Select 0 to speak to an operator (the bill is no longer an automated
option)
5) Tell the operator that you are a registered voter in CA and urge the
Gov to veto SB 880

Please circulate to as many people as possible - we have one last chance
to kill this bill.

*In addition, if you have a few minutes:* Please write a one-sentence
letter and fax it to the Governor. Fax number below.

September 5, 2007 was a sad day for the kangaroos.

SB 880, Calderon's kangaroo bill, passed by an (unofficial) vote of
44:27--41 votes needed. (See below.)

The bill is now on the Governor's desk. It seems likely that he will
sign this travesty as soon as possible to avoid any bad press.

*WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW:
*
Contact the Governor immediately, urge him to veto this cruel and
regressive legislation.

Address: Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, The State Capitol, Sacramento,
CA 95814

*Telephone -* 916/445-2841
**
*Fax -* 916/445-4633
**
*E-mail -* governor at governor.ca.gov (NOTE: Letters carry more weight
than e-mails.)

THIS BILL HAS HAD NEAR ZERO COVERAGE IN THE MEDIA. SOME LETTERS TO THE
EDITORS OF LOCAL NEWSPAPERS MIGHT HELP PUT SOME PRESSURE ON
SCHWARZENEGGER TO DO THE RIGHT THING. HURRY!

UNOFFICIAL BALLOT
MEASURE: SB 880
AUTHOR: Calderon
TOPIC: Crime.
DATE: 09/05/2007
LOCATION: ASM. FLOOR
MOTION: SB 880 Calderon Senate Third Reading By NUNEZ
(AYES 44. NOES 27.) (PASS)

AYES
****

Aghazarian Anderson Arambula Bass
Charles Calderon Carter Cook Davis
De La Torre De Leon DeVore Duvall
Dymally Emmerson Evans Fuentes
Fuller Gaines Galgiani Garrick
Hernandez Horton Houston Huff
Huffman Jeffries Keene La Malfa
Maze Mendoza Nakanishi Niello
Parra Portantino Price Sharon Runner
Silva Soto Torrico Tran
Villines Walters Wolk Nunez

NOES
****

Adams Beall Benoit Berg
Berryhill Blakeslee Brownley Caballero
DeSaulnier Feuer Garcia Hancock
Hayashi Krekorian Laird Leno
Levine Lieber Lieu Ma
Mullin Nava Ruskin Salas
Smyth Spitzer Swanson

ABSENT, ABSTAINING, OR NOT VOTING
to:
baarn-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

For events:
Please see yahoogroups message archives and calendar at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/baarn

--
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves." -- Che Guevara