[Sustain] Combustion Turbine Hearing Now Starting 4:47pm - Monday, Jan 28, City Hall Room 263!

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Mon Jan 28 16:48:55 PST 2008

Hey all,

The hearing described below is just getting started at 4:47pm so there
will be time to comment if you want to go there this evening.

peace

Eric Brooks

Ok all - We're on again!

Michela Alioto-Pier's hearing on alternatives to The JPower Combustion
Turbine plant is finally on for real, and will be item 4 (of 4) at the
Land Use Committee this Monday, Jan 28, Room 263.

The hearing begins at 1pm and so the first hour may well be taken up by
other items. But as we know, Supervisor Maxwell as chair of the
committee might play games with the schedule and call our item early, so
if you can, be there at 1pm.

**This is our first big chance to show a major public turnout to the
Board of Supervisors opposing the JPower CT plant and supporting solar,
wind and other renewable energy measures instead.**

Here's the hearing link, followed by the actual agenda (Item 2 is a
measure to keep the Academy Of Art College from taking over the Flower
Market and kicking out the local wholesale flower merchants.) Our item
is last on the list:

http://www.sfgov.org/site/bdsupvrs_page.asp?id=13956

San Francisco Board of Supervisors
Land Use and Economic Development Committee
Room 263, City Hall
Monday, January 28, 2007
1:00 PM

Members: Sophie Maxwell, Gerardo Sandoval, Jake McGoldrick

REGULAR AGENDA

1. 071567 [Urging the Recreation and Parks Commission to enter a grant
agreement with the Friends of the Geneva Office Building for the
rehabilitation of the Geneva Office Building] - Supervisor Sandoval
Resolution urging the Recreation and Parks Commission to enter a grant
agreement with the Friends of the Geneva Office Building for the
rehabilitation of the Geneva Office Building.

2. 080093 [Zoning - Extending the interim moratorium on institutional
uses in the Western SoMa] - Supervisor Peskin
Urgency Ordinance approving an extension of interim zoning moratorium to
prohibit the establishment of new institutional uses in the Western SoMa
Planning Area Special Use District for an additional 22 months and 15
days and making required findings, including findings of consistency
with the priority policies of Planning Code Section 101.1 and
environmental findings.

3. 071557 [Citywide economic development plan for San Francisco titled
"Sustaining Our Prosperity: The San Francisco Economic Strategy"] -
Supervisor Alioto-Pier
Hearing on the first ever citywide economic development plan for San
Francisco titled "Sustaining Our Prosperity: The San Francisco Economic
Strategy". The plan contains a review of San Francisco's recent economic
performance, identifies those industries that drive the local economy
and outlines goals and strategies for achieving economic success in San
Francisco. The hearing will review the plan. Further, during the hearing
we will ask the OLA to report on the plan and if it is consistent with
the Board's annual budget priorities.

4. 071485 [Alternatives to the Proposed Combustion Turbine Project] -
Supervisor Alioto-Pier
Hearing on Alternatives to the Proposed Combustion Turbine Project. How
can energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable power be used to
close the Potrero Power Plant?

###