[Sustain] Final Language SF 100% Clean Energy Act!

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Sat Jul 12 17:40:56 PDT 2008

Hi again all,

Attached is the final language of the San Francisco Clean Energy Act
charter amendment which is headed for the November 2008 ballot. It will
give the City community owed and managed clean energy at the rate of 51%
by 2017, 75% by 2030, ad 100% by 2040. It also expressly bars nuclear
power from being defined as 'clean' energy under the Charter of the City
and County of San Francisco.

This Wednesday I will seek consensus from the General Membership for the
SF Green party to support and campaign for this crucial measure so
please read it ahead of time if you can. The sections in italics are the
parts that represent the new language that will be placed into the City
charter.

This is huge folks. This measure will finally end PG&E's monopoly
control of San Francisco's electricity supply once and for all, will
therefore need -strong- SF Greens' support, and will also provide us
with an excellent cause around which to register new Green voters.

peace

Eric Brooks

--
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves." – Che Guevara