[Sustain] Urge President-elect Obama to lead the way on global warming

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Wed Nov 12 18:35:47 PST 2008

    Greenpeace
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ghfYnWYKnEu8Easf7nwBu5NW%2BxUN6o06>

	November 12, 2008

Greenpeace video screenshot
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=360Q1ENTFbwGKTrKxyVBpZNW%2BxUN6o06>For
eight long years, President Bush ignored global warming and turned his
back on the rest of the world. After nearly a decade of inaction, there
is precious little time left to stop the worst impacts of global
warming. What President-elect Obama chooses to do now will impact me,
you, and the entire planet for generations to come.

That's why I asked Obama about his plans when I had the chance to speak
to him on the campaign trail. Specifically, I asked him if he would
attend the international global warming treaty negotiations happening
this December in Poznan', Poland. By attending in person and laying out
his vision for the world's approach to solving global warming, he can
jumpstart his administration's efforts to tackle this critical issue.

Check out the video of me and President-elect Obama >>
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=yeu0eO3MHlLynsXwtPgIFZNW%2BxUN6o06>

The president-elect told me that he probably wouldn't go to Poland
himself, but that he would be sending a representative. I'm happy that
he's made this commitment, but the best way for him to demonstrate
America's renewed dedication to stopping global warming is to go himself.

Take Action NOW >> Urge President-elect Obama to personally attend the
international climate treaty negotiations in Poznan'.
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zxKdEPN9KajDPNcR1ByM3JNW%2BxUN6o06>

Now is the time for America to show the rest of the world that we are
back on track and that we're serious about tackling global warming.
America should be a leader in implementing solutions like strict
efficiency standards, aggressive investment in renewable energy, and a
cap on global warming pollution. The climate talks in Poznan' are the
perfect opportunity for us to rejoin the rest of the world in addressing
the most urgent environmental crisis of our time.

When we pass this planet off to our children, we have to be able to look
them in the eye and say that we solved the most dire environmental
crisis we have ever faced - otherwise, we'll be handing off a much
different planet than we live on now. The path to a clean, sustainable
future starts in Poznan' - let's make sure President-elect Obama is
there to lead the way.

For the future,
Melissa Leonard
Greenpeace volunteer

<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=inDmTN2E7wVnJ6Ns3tKDo5NW%2BxUN6o06>
702 H Street, NW, Suite 300, Washington, D.C. 20001
(800) 326-0959

It's time for leadership the whole world can believe in -- ask your
friends and family to sign the petition, too!
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BIW2gIsFA3qZLoPmh26YpZNW%2BxUN6o06>

--
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves." -- Che Guevara