[Sustain] NO To Corporate Sponsorship Of Sunday Streets

Martin Zehr m_zehr at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:36:56 PDT 2009

Sorry I screwed up. Am sending this again without the attachment.

Eric,

help me a little here. What would it take for us to promote the idea of neighborhood associations holding these street fairs? I understand the reluctance to accept corporate sponsorship for the Sunday Streets. How can this one particular event be held without draining city funds? Seems we might try different sponsors or less ambitious venues to localize it. i will bring up the idea to the C.I.A. (Cayuga Improvement Association) to do something in my neighborhood. It might work if we began to compile a list of local service organizations and businesses who might like the chance for public exposure who are more Green-friendly. It would also give us a chance to meet other Greens in our own neighborhoods and set up networks for campaigns and public events.

I have an Earth Day PDF file " A Green Party Generation" that we are still working on in the Eco-Action Committee. I have it on Publisher if anyone wants to make your own changes to it or have additional local info. Just email me directly or ask for it on the list.

Mato Ska