[Sustain] State of the San Francisco Estuary Conference Sept 29, 30, October 1

Martin Zehr m_zehr at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:16:54 PDT 2009

September 29, 30 & October 1, 2009 Oakland Marriott at City Center, Oakland

Sponsors
Schedule
Registration
Venue
Hotel Info
Call for Posters
Poster Session
Students
Volunteers
Drug Disposal
Jean Auer Award
CCMP Awards
Contacts

The State of the Estuary Conference provides a biennial assessment of the ecological health of the San Francisco Bay-Delta Estuary. This conference will bring the latest information about the estuary's changing watersheds, impacts from major stressors, recovery programs for species and habitats, and emerging issues.

This year's theme "Our Actions, Our Estuary" reflects the ownership and responsibility we share in sustaining a healthy estuary. It also recognizes that individual actions make a difference. Our speakers and panels will discuss the Estuary's current and upcoming challenges, especially climate change and sea level rise, to help us identify new actions needed to anticipate and respond to the likely changes in the years ahead. How can we build resiliency from the ground up, city by city? What will the impacts of climate change and other stressors be on the Estuary's fish and wildlife and how can we help mitigate for those impacts? And how can we better engage Bay Area communities in the future of the Estuary?

The late afternoon poster session receptions offer an opportunity to talk informally with those involved in current research and restoration activities. Poster Abstract submissions are now closed.

Register Online - Early Bird Deadline September 4th
The Conference Program is now Available - NEW!
Hotel Reservation Information is now available – New!
No Drugs Down the Drain – Bay-Friendly Medicine Disposal at Conference – New!
New information will be posted on this web site as it becomes available.

For additional information, please contact the San Francisco Estuary Partnership at 510-622-2398.

To return to the SFEP home page click here.