[Sustain] Please Propose Amendments To Maxwell Clean Energy Act

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Fri Jan 9 14:50:46 PST 2009

Hi all,

As I previously noted, Supervisor Maxwell has introduced a measure to
close Mirant power plant and adopt the Prop H clean energy benchmarks.

Now for the critical next step.

In its current form the legislation is -very- weak and contains no
-mandates- for the clean energy targets, no actual firm closure date for
Mirant, no strong public power language, and no accountability
mechanisms to make certain that the San Francisco Public Utilities
Commission staff complies with the ordinance and completes tasks on
schedule.

I have re-attached the ordinance text.

Please take a look at it again and email to the list your proposals for
amendments, or even entirely new language, to enact the objectives of
Prop H at the Board of Supervisors.

I and others on this list will likely be meeting with Maxwell and other
supervisors soon and we need your feedback to take with us.

peace

Eric B

--
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate
themselves." – Che Guevara