[Sustain] [mfeinstein at feinstein.org: [G-C-F] Who is interested in lobbying for a carbon tax in California?]

Don Eichelberger done7777 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 2 21:33:54 PDT 2009

Last fall I was lobbying the Peak Oil Task Force to call on the SF Board
of Supervisors to oppose cap and trade and support a 2 cent a pound
($40/ton) tax on carbon emitting transportation fuels. That's 40 cents a
gallon for gasoline. They wouldn't touch anything that radical, and I
soon left.

I am sure any tax would be better than no tax at all.  Although I would
prefer to keep them as high as possible so there is a real incentive for
reducing fuel use and slow over hot economies, and real money going
toward funding the solutions.

 I am on vacation for July and may be traveling.  If I am in town, I
will try to make it to that hearing and will let other people know of it.

Don