[Sustain] Don't let the nuclear power industry hijack the climate bill!

Don Eichelberger done7777 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 23 15:35:52 PDT 2009

It seems it will never die, this poisonous and expensive industry.
Nuclear power once again offers itself as a solution to global warming,
and wants billions of our dollars to help realize a goal of 100 nuclear
reactors in the country to combat GW.  Fortunately, NIRS has made it
easy to respond by clicking a mouse.

I know there is a lot of good work going on by many of you getting this,
perhaps not for the first time; educating the public, testifying at
committee meetings, writing letters to editors (those that are left),
serving on committees, volunteering, blogging, twittering, whatever you
do to add to the voice.  If you haven't done it, yet, this  is an easy one.

If you want to do more, I hope you are identifying local, community
organizations, in addition to the good national ones, like NIRS doing
good work who could use your volunteer or financial support.  For
information on groups, issues, news and anything energy and nuclear, go
to the Abalone Alliance Safe Energy Clearinghouse website at
http://www.energy-net.org/

Meanwhile, please join me in stopping the nuclear power industry's
hijack of the Senate climate bill, seeking tens of billions of
taxpayer-backed loan guarantees to build new nuclear reactors across the
country.

I just wrote my Senators and you can help stop these dangerous proposals
by writing your Senators too right here:

 http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5502/t/5846/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=1864

Thank you,

Don