[Sustain] Major Progress In LAFCo For Clean Power SF (CCA) !

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Sat Jun 27 03:20:21 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Things went beautifully in the LAFCo today for Clean Power SF (CCA). The
commissioners voted unanimously to hire Local Power to oversee the Clean
Power SF Request For Proposals (RFP) work.

Commissioner Schmeltzer was out, and so local Sierra Club director
Michael Bornstein had a vote today, and also asked that Local Power be
put to work under the contract immediately to assess the SFPUC's CCA
process to date and give a report. The commission ok'd this move.

While we have had some major setbacks and serious wounds previously,
this hiring of Local Power now gives us a vital seat at the table when
we didn't have one before, and may well save the CCA project.

There is still a lot to do, and we will still have to be vigilant and
diligent in pushing for a good clean energy project in order to actually
get one, but I for one feel like a huge weight that was pinning my chest
for two full years has just been completely lifted away.

peace......

Eric Brooks