[Sustain] Urgent: Act Tonight! Contact Senators Leno & Yee To Stop Bayview Toxic Trade

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Mon May 25 15:51:34 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Tomorrow, Tuesday, May 26th, our State Senator Mark Leno is introducing
a bill (SB 792) in the Senate Appropriations Committee which will trade
crucial State Park and Public Trust lands in the Bayview Hunters Point
for inferior and toxically polluted lands in the same district; all in
order to pave the way for market rate condo and strip mall projects that
will likely be built by the environmentally criminal Lennar Corporation.

Please contact Appropriations Committee members Mark Leno and Leland Yee
tonight to indicate your and your group's opposition to this toxic
giveaway. Then forward this email to anyone you know who might take action.
See the attached sample letter written by POWER to Senator Yee, for
ideas on how to word your letter. Also contact Greenaction's Marie
Harrison at marie at greenaction.org to let her know that she can represent
your group tomorrow when she meets with Senators in Sacramento to oppose
SB 792.

(Note: I am sending Rich's letter from the SF Green Party tonight to
both offices.)

Here is rapid alert contact information for the two senators:

*Senator Mark Leno:*
*Fax: * *(916) 445-4722*
*Email: senator.leno at senate.ca.gov
**Phone: ** (916) 651-4003*
*
Senator Leland Yee:
**Email: *senator.yee at senator.ca.gov
*Phone: ** (916) 651-4008*

peace

Eric Brooks

--
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves." -- Che Guevara