[Sustain] Urgent: Tell Google: Don't Be Evil - Verizon Deal Would Destroy Open Internet

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Fri Aug 6 11:07:51 PDT 2010

    SavetheInternet.com
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=roZtsN2wByQjnRb7vXLLCw..>
Google: Don't Be Evil
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=6J8I1Oe-ZLkmkfpa2AQw6A..>

Tell Google: Don't Be Evil
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=vvT33zFZiyq3DUeL3oRxGA..>

Google is about to cut a deal with Verizon that would end the Internet
as we know it.

According to a front-page /New York Times/ story, the deal allows
"Verizon to speed some online content to Internet users more quickly if
the content's creators are willing to pay for the privilege."

It would create fast Internet lanes for the largest corporations and
slow lanes for the rest of us.

That's why we're starting a mass protest by Google users to stop these
two companies from joining forces to sell out millions of people like us
who use the Internet.

*If Millions Join Our Call, We Can Stop this Deal: Tell Google, "Don't
Be Evil"* <http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=htp_bfAtoRWYEGZDdflNfA..>

Google's motto is supposed to be "Don't Be Evil." But this deal puts the
company in bed with the devil.

 From the beginning, the Internet has been a level playing field that
allows everyone to connect to one another and the world of content
available online -- whether it's ABC News or your cousin's wedding
video. There's only one Internet, and it shouldn't matter who your
provider is or whether you're logging on from home or your cell phone.

This deal will change all of that, allowing Google and Verizon to pick
what websites you can see over others. The result couldn't be bleaker
for the future of the Internet and for free speech and independent
voices online.

Founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin created Google to make information
freely available to everyone online. But this deal is a complete
reversal that abandons their core principles:

*Sign this letter and tell Google's founders:
"Your Verizon deal IS evil, and it must be stopped."*
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=gQUSEFFV7GeJKc-C5PqJnA..>

It's up to the millions of people who use Google every day to tell the
company to do the right thing.

Google must walk away from this bad deal, and make sure Internet users
everywhere can enjoy the entire open Internet wherever, whenever and
however they want.

Thank you for taking action,

Josh Silver
President
Free Press
www.freepress.net
www.savetheinternet.com

P.S. Google and Verizon don't make Internet policy. The FCC and Congress
do. After you sign the letter, *tell our public officials to step in and
protect the public interest*
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=Z9xc_BfZ_W-PKPkojAhoJQ..> and not to be
bullied by a few large corporations.

/Want to learn more? Join us on /Facebook/
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=3wNzOrzt-DabgfnxnB0LgA..> and follow us
on /Twitter/ <http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=Mx7qy8gH11pGcIdAwXK4ww..>./

/If you haven't already, you can also /join our E-Activist list/
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=O_M7gO7aQGpOfbrqVfKvNQ..>./

/
/