[Sustain] Emergency Alert! Serious Danger Of Losing Progressive SF Board This Friday

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Wed Jan 5 14:42:52 PST 2011

Hi all,

SF Board president David Chiu is apparently on the verge of making a
deal with Newsom to vote for Newsom's pick for interim mayor (his own
City Administrator Ed Lee).

If Chiu has made a deal to vote for Lee and give up his Supervisor post
to be appointed as District Attorney (or another post) by Newsom, then
Newsom or Ed Lee will appoint a conservative to replace Chiu as
Supervisor of District 3. If that happens, we are in deep shit for at
least the next decade.

There is also the complication that even some of the progressive
supervisors may cave in and swing to Lee in the final vote (this Friday
at 3pm) if we don't make it absolutely clear to them that we will -not-
under any circumstances accept them appointing Newsom's pick for the
next mayor.

Everyone on this list with any influence whatsoever on Chiu needs to
contact him immediately and make sure he knows his political career is
-over- if he sides with the mayor; especially if he leaves his
supervisor seat.

Also contact Mirkarimi, Avalos, Campos, and Mar, and make sure they know
that Ed Lee is absolutely unacceptable and that they should get move
HARD to get Chiu back in line -immediately- and before the Friday vote.

It would also help to contact Duty and Maxwell and tell them we will not
accept Lee as interim Mayor.

in solidarity

Eric B