[Sustain] Question On Transit Impact Fees (Small Residential)

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Sun Mar 6 11:43:06 PST 2011

Hi all,

I was just watching the replay of the March 1 MTA hearing and noticed
that on the proposed Transit Impact Fee, the Residential Builders
Association turned out a huge number of speakers to oppose because the
fee was on both commercial -and- residential property. They were really
worked up and -strongly- opposed.

I thought the idea for the Transit Impact Fee was to tax large Downtown
commercial property, not small residential.

Are there good reasons for us to put this forward in a way that is going
to freak out the small builders?

It seems like we may be unnecessarily inviting opposition.

thanks

Eric B