[Sustain] [SFGP-A] PG&E: Hundreds Of Dollars Per Customer To Opt Out Of Smart Meters

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Fri Mar 25 10:03:44 PDT 2011

Not if it gives people higher cancer risk and raises their bills because
PG&E as a private corporation is gaming the meters to jack up rates.
PG&E has no intention whatsoever of using these meters to lower
electricity use; and it will do everything in its power to obfuscate
their use for that purpose (making them bad for conservation goals).

If the meters were hooked into a more environmentally and health safe
fiber optic system and run by the city instead of the corporation,
-then- smart meters would be good and effective. Until we get PG&E out
of the picture, its smart meters will be a bad thing.

And the best way to reduce electricity use,

is to use less electricity...