[Sustain] [SFGP-A] PG&E: Hundreds Of Dollars Per Customer To Opt Out Of Smart Meters

Richard Knee rak0408 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 25 15:04:45 PDT 2011

FYI, I phoned and got Wellington Energy (866-671-1001), the company that
PG&E has hired to install the SharkMeater, to send the installation work
order back to PG&E with a notation that I do not want the device. It was
a bit of a convoluted conversation but it worked, and it took only 4
minutes, including the 1-minute wait for a Wellington rep to come on the
line.

BTW, the SharkMeater program also promises to put hundreds, maybe
thousands of meter readers out of work. So it's very interesting that
Hunter Stern, the long-time PR guy for the IBEW, is shilling for the
program in TV ads.