[Sustain] Fwd: Rec/Park Pres. Mark Buell added to Commonwealth Club panel on future of Golden Gate Park

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Fri May 6 21:58:17 PDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Alert! RPC Pres. Mark Buell added to Commonwealth Club panel
on future of Golden Gate Park
Date: 	Fri, 6 May 2011 14:17:40 -0700
From: 	SF Ocean Edge <sfoceanedge at earthlink.net>
To: 	<sfoceanedge at earthlink.net>

*TO ALL SUPPORTERS OF GOLDEN GATE PARK*

*CHANGE TO COMMONWEALTH CLUB PROGRAM ON GOLDEN GATE PARK*

*Rec and Park Commission President Mark Buell added to panel*

The Commonwealth Club has added Mark Buell, President of the Recreation
and Park Commission, to our panel on “Golden Gate Park Under Siege.”  We
welcome Mr. Buell’s input, and look forward to this discussion.  Please
note that questions will be accepted from the audience, and we encourage
all people concerned about the future of Golden Gate Park to attend.  We
advise  pre-registration for this May 11^th , 2011 event.

*The Commonwealth Club of California presents: ***

**

*/GOLDEN GATE PARK UNDER SEIGE?/*

Treasured by millions of people from all over the world, Golden Gate
Park’s meadows, forests, and lakes have served as a refuge from the
pressures of urban life for both people and wildlife for over 140 years.
Yet throughout its history, the park continues to attract those who view
it as free land available for their favorite projects. In addition, with
the current short-term budget crises, some view the park as a source of
revenue rather than a precious civic asset to be protected.

**

*JOIN OUR PANEL TO LEARN ABOUT CURRENT CONSTRUCTION PLANS FOR GOLDEN
GATE PARK*

**

Jim Chappell, Interim Director-San Francisco Beautiful, Past Executive
Director–SPUR; Moderator

Mark Buell, President, SF Recreation and Park Commission

Anthea Hartig Ph.D., President - Western Office National Trust for
Historic Preservation

Katherine Howard ASLA, Golden Gate Park Preservation Alliance, SF Ocean Edge

Mike Lynes,  Conservation Director/General Counsel - Environmental
Matters, Golden Gate Audubon Society

George Wooding,  President, West of Twin Peaks Central Council,
Columnist, /Westside Observer/

**

*Wednesday, May 11, 2011*

6:00 - 6:30 pm Networking Reception

6:30 - 7:30 pm Program

Commonwealth Club, 595 Market Street, SF    -    Montgomery Metro Station

Tickets: $20 standard, $8 members, $7 students (with valid ID)

*Pre-Registration is Advised*

Call 415-597-6705 or register online at www.commonwealthclub.org
<http://www.commonwealthclub.org>

SFBAY-SFGROUP-EXCOM-signoff-request at LISTS.SIERRACLUB.ORG Check out our
Listserv Lists support site for more information:
http://www.sierraclub.org/lists/faq.asp