[Sustain] URGENT: Emergency Strategy Summit On Wiener Legislation Attacking CEQA Protections (SF City Hall Basement Cafe Thu Nov 15 10am) Please RSVP!

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Fri Nov 9 12:15:52 PST 2012

Hi all,

The situation is urgent.

1) Scott Wiener's legislation attacking our local California
Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) protections will go before the Planning
Commission next Thursday, November 15, shortly after 12 noon.
(Thankfully for our purposes, the measure is Item 1 on the regular
agenda so we will not have a long wait to speak on the item.)

2) THEN: On Monday November 19 at 1pm, the legislation goes to the Land
Use Committee (Scott Wiener, Malia Cohen, Eric Mar) on which Mar is our
most likely ally and possibly the only one. (That hearing will likely be
held in City Hall Room 263.)

3) THEN ALARMINGLY: The legislation is planned go to the full Board of
Supervisors as a committee report THE VERY NEXT DAY, NOV 20, for a vote!

So we have very little time, and we need to form a sharp organized
campaign if we are going to stop this legislation. (Scott Wiener is far
more capable an opponent than was Alioto-Pier, and the Board of
Supervisors is not as progressive on developer issues as it was 2 years
ago.)

STRATEGY MEETING IN CITY HALL BASEMENT CAFE NEXT THURSDAY NOVEMBER 15,
10AM (2 HOURS BEFORE PLANNING HEARING)

RSVP!

So that we can get better organized, a meeting has been set in the SF
City Hall basement cafe at 10am on Thursday November 15.

Invited will be yourselves, environmental organizers, social justice
groups, neighborhood groups, and historic preservation advocates.

Please RSVP right away to this email at the 'Reply To' address
brookse32 at earthlink.net so that I can get a sense of who plans on
attending both the 10am meeting, and the Planning Commission hearing at
noon.

I'll follow up soon with more detail on the legislation, and proposed
talking points.

thanks!

Eric Brooks
Campaign Coordinator
Our City
415-756-8844

--
"I have been criticized for idealism. But understand this. An idealist
is simply a person who recognizes that if one acts on what one believes,