[Sustain] [SFGP-A] Wiener-CEQA Strategy Summit NOTES & NEXT STRATEGY MEETING Nov 29, SF City Hall Cafe 1:30pm - then Planning Hearing 3pm

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Thu Nov 22 21:35:16 PST 2012

Hi all,

Wiener-CEQA Strategy Summit Notes (see attached), and

NEXT STRATEGY MEETING:

Thu, Nov 29, SF City Hall Basement Cafe 1:30pm
to discuss opposition strategy
(then Planning Hearing 3pm)
(Please reply right away to confirm.)

We pushed Wiener back bigtime. Now we need to make sure he is put in his
place on this unacceptable attack on CEQA (California Environmental
Quality Act) protections permanently!

IMPORTANT:

The Nov 29 Planning Hearing is now scheduled for 3 PM, SF City Hall,
Room 400.

AND:

There is now NO SCHEDULED DECEMBER HEARING in the Board of Supervisors
Land Use Committee. Following the Planning Commission hearing, this item
will not be considered again until early 2013.

But we are far from out of the woods. Today's SF Guardian report shows
that Wiener is not done pushing this legislation.
See: http://www.sfbg.com/2012/11/20/developers-wet-dream

So our next meeting needs to happen soon, and will be crucial in
planning out a strong and detailed opposition strategy for making sure
that Wiener's legislation is stopped in its tracks.

As before, a strategy session has been set in the SF City Hall basement
timed just before the Planning Commission hearing so that we can go
straight from our meeting into the Planning hearing.

Please reply as soon as possible if you plan to be at the strategy
session and/or Planning hearing.

Thanks all for engaging this rapid strong response that has shown Wiener
and City Hall that weakening CEQA is not on the menu!

cheers

Eric Brooks
Campaign Coordinator, Our City
415-756-8844

--
"I have been criticized for idealism. But understand this. An idealist
is simply a person who recognizes that if one acts on what one believes,