[Sustain] ALERT! - WIENER-CEQA: Pre-Hearing Strategy & LAND USE HEARING Next MONDAY APR 8, 12:30pm & 1:30pm

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Mon Apr 1 15:29:35 PDT 2013

Hi all,

This is the BIG one!

Supervisor Wiener is taking his attack on the California Environmental
Quality Act (CEQA) to the Board of Supervisors Land Use Committee next
Monday April 8, and then potentially to the full Board the very next day!

It is vital for every group opposing the Wiener measure to as rapidly as
possible endorse the sign-on letter sent out two days ago (see the
newest version attached).

And it is equally important for all of us to then attend next Monday's
hearing, which is our key (and likely only) moment to tell the Board of
Supervisors in public comment that we strongly oppose Wiener's measure
and want Kim's Community Alternative to be considered in its place.

Board President David Chiu is on the Land Use Committee with both
Supervisor Wiener and Supervisor Kim, and so Chiu's vote is extremely
important to winning a delay of the Wiener measure in committee so that
Kim's legislation can come forward and be considered. We need to arrive
in force before David Chiu in this hearing.

As before, we will gather in the City Hall Basement Cafe an hour prior
to hearing time so that we can nail down our public comment strategy,
and then come in hard into
Wiener's hearing and show him no quarter!

PRE-HEARING STRATEGY MEETING

- Monday, April 8, 12:30pm
- SF City Hall Basement Cafe

LAND USE COMMITTEE HEARING

- Monday April 8, 1:30pm
- SF City Hall Room 263

As always please RSVP to brookse32 at earthlink.net if you plan to attend
the strategy meeting and/or the hearing.

Let's kick some butt at zero hour!

cheers,

Eric Brooks
415-756-8844
--

"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate
themselves."

Che Guevara