[Sustain] Important: Port Infrastructure Financing District (IFD) Legislation In Budget Committee This Wed Apr 17 - (Similar To Redevelopment Financing)

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Sat Apr 13 11:09:35 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Jane Kim is introducing a Board resolution detailing Infrastructure
Financing District (IFD) financing mechanisms for Port of San Francisco
projects this Wednesday, April 17, 10am, Room 250, (Budget & Finance
Committee).

I personally am already overtaxed by the CleanPowerSF and CEQA fights
and so likely won't be able to go over this resolution.

But we should definitely take a look at it, because it could have
profound implications to future Port projects.

Note: IFD financing uses 'tax increment financing' which essentially
borrows from future project tax income (that would normally go to the
city's General Fund) to pay project costs that ought to be paid for by
developers themselves.

See the Budget & Finance agenda at:
http://www.sfbos.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=45068

Eric B

--

"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate
themselves."

Che Guevara