[Sustain] Reminder! Free Transit Hearing! Tue Mar 4, 4pm SF City Hall, Rm 400 - PLEASE ATTEND!

Eric Brooks brookse32 at aim.com
Mon Mar 3 17:40:10 PST 2014

Reminder! Free Transit Hearing! Tue Mar 4, 4pm SF City Hall, Rm 400 -
PLEASE ATTEND!

Hi all,

Our first opportunity this year has arrived, to join in strong
solidarity with the social justice community, and at the same time
strike a key blow to reverse the climate crisis. It is such joining of
our movements together toward common objectives that gives us the most
power in numbers to make change!

**Tomorrow, on Tuesday, March 4, 4pm, SF City Hall, in Room 400, a key
hearing is being held on extending and expanding the free youth transit
program in San Francisco.**

POWER and other social justice and people-of-color organizations are
working to permanently expand free transit to more youth, with the
ultimate goal of eventually extending free transit to -all- San
Francisco riders.

It is vital to reversing the climate crisis that we make San Francisco a
car free city within the next two decades and the free youth transit
program is the first crucial step.

POWER has asked us to show up in force to next Tuesday's hearing to show
the Municipal Transit Agency (MTA) that the community demands free Muni
to be expanded as quickly as possible, starting with all San Francisco
youth.

PLEASE ATTEND! And please forward this message.

Here are the details: