[Sustain] Wednesday 8am til 6pm SF Fed Bldg tomorrow re DAP emergency action

Don Eichelberger done7777 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 7 18:30:39 PST 2017

> *From: *Isabella Zizi <28isabellazz at gmail.com
> <mailto:28isabellazz at gmail.com>>
> *Date: *February 7, 2017 5:32:27 PM PST
> *Subject: **Last Stand NoDAPL action in SF 2/8*

Good afternoon,

Idle No More SF Bay invites you to join us in an emergency day of action
tomorrow in San Francisco outside of the*Federal Building located at 90
7th St. San Francisco*, Ca 94103. Join us from *8am until 6pm*. Below is
the Facebook invite page and our response to this mornings approval of
the final easement for the Dakota Access Pipeline.

https://www.facebook.com/events/959089084225279/

"EMERGENCY #NoDAPL <https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/nodapl> Action!
Arrestival! Stand with us! Share widely! Rain is a blessing! Dress for
the weather.

FINAL DAPL EASEMENT APPROVED

Today, Tuesday February 7, the US Army Corps gave notice of intent to
grant the final easement for the Dakota Access Pipeline to cross the Mni
Sose (Missouri River). They are skipping the EIS ordered in December,
and skipping the congressional notification period required by law. This
is a response to President Trump’s Presidential Memorandum directing the
Corps to expedite approval of the project.

The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe will likely
sue and ask for a temporary restraining order to halt construction while
the legality of this decision is reviewed in court. In the meantime,
DAPL will likely start drilling immediately. The media recently reported
that DAPL says their "best case scenario" timeline is 83 days from
easement to oil flow.

WORLDWIDE CALL TO ACTION FEB. 8

The Indigenous Coalition at Standing Rock is calling for February 8th to
be an international day of emergency actions to disrupt business as
usual and unleash a global intersectional resistance to fossil fuels and
fascism. Connect with other struggles. Think long-term movement
building. We are in this for the long haul.

The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe has consistently asked for people to go
home, and we understand this. Regardless, water protectors remain on the
ground at the Sacred Stone Camp, determined to stop the black snake, and
we support them. If you go, expect police violence, mass arrests, felony
charges for just about anything, abuse while in custody, targeted
persecution and racial profiling while driving around the area, etc.

We are calling for emergency actions all over the world. PLEASE, THIS IS
OUR LAST STAND. Please visit everydayofaction.org
<http://everydayofaction.org/> to find or register an action wherever
you are. Check out our world action map to join the mass distributed
actions TOMORROW, February 8th.
More here:
http://sacredstonecamp.org/blog/2017/2/7/breaking-army-corps-to-grant-dakota-access-easement
<http://sacredstonecamp.org/blog/2017/2/7/breaking-army-corps-to-grant-dakota-access-easement>

Statement from Tom Goldtooth, Executive Director of the Indigenous
Environmental Network:

“Donald Trump will not build his Dakota Access Pipeline without a fight.
The granting of an easement, without any environmental review or tribal
consultation, is not the end of this fight — it is the new beginning.
Expect mass resistance far beyond what Trump has seen so far.

“The granting of this easement goes against protocol, it goes against
legal process, it disregards more than 100,000 comments already
submitted as part of the not-yet-completed environmental review process
— all for the sake of Donald Trump’s billionaire big oil cronies. And,
it goes against the treaty rights of the entire Seven Councils Fires of
the Sioux Nations.

“Donald Trump has not met with a single Native Nation since taking
office. Our tribal nations and Indigenous grassroots peoples on the
frontlines have had no input on this process. We support the Standing
Rock Sioux tribe, and stand with them at this troubling time.”

You can read that notification letter here:
http://www.ienearth.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Dakota-Access-Pipeline-Notification-Grijalva.pdf
<http://www.ienearth.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Dakota-Access-Pipeline-Notification-Grijalva.pdf> "

Hope to see you there,
Idle No More SF Bay

On Feb 7, 2017, at 5:41 PM, cynthia papermaster
cynthia_papermaster at yahoo.com <mailto:cynthia_papermaster at yahoo.com>
[fukushimaresponse] wrote:

> Oh no!
> I just saw this:
>

>     Trump administration withdraws EIS process;Announces that Oahe
>     easement will be issued within 24 hours.Standing Rock denounces
>     Army easement announcement,vows court challenge.
>
> FAQ: Standing Rock Litigation
> <http://earthjustice.org/features/faq-standing-rock-litigation?utm_source=crm&utm_content=ResponsiveHTMLBodyLink1&autologin=true#start>
>

>     FAQ: Standing Rock Litigation
>
> On the Dakota Access Pipeline and the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe’s
> lawsuit. Why was the lawsuit brought? Who is t...
>

> <http://earthjustice.org/features/faq-standing-rock-litigation?utm_source=crm&utm_content=ResponsiveHTMLBodyLink1&autologin=true#start>
>
> https://www.facebook.com/DigitalSmokeSignals/videos/10155710404154746/
>

> //
>

> On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 5:31 PM, "cynthia
> papermastercynthia_papermaster at yahoo.com
> <mailto:cynthia_papermaster at yahoo.com>[fukushimaresponse]"
> <fukushimaresponse at yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:fukushimaresponse at yahoogroups.com>> wrote:
>

> Romi,
> What a terrific letter. I am so grateful for your skill and example.
> I will share the letter and information about contacting the Army
> Corps of Engineers so that more people will be encouraged to write.
> Thank you so much.
> Cynthia Papermaster, Berkeley
>
> https://www.facebook.com/DigitalSmokeSignals/videos/10155710404154746/
>

> //
>

> On Friday, January 27, 2017 7:50 AM, "Romi
> Elnagarmontereypinegreen at gmail.com
> <mailto:montereypinegreen at gmail.com>[fukushimaresponse]"
> <fukushimaresponse at yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:fukushimaresponse at yahoogroups.com>> wrote:
>

> This morning I sent the following message to the Army Corps of
> Engineers in regarding to their impending ruling on the Dakota Access
> Pipeline.  As always, you are welcome to "borrow" any or all of this
> letter for your own message to the ACE, which I strongly encourage you
> to send.
>
> The webpage of the ACE where I found this address was
>
> https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/01/18/2017-00937/notice-of-intent-to-prepare-an-environmental-impact-statement-in-connection-with-dakota-access-llcs#addresses
>
> The Wikipedia article on oil spills is at
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pipeline_accidents_in_the_United_States_in_the_21st_century
>
> In solidarity,
> Romi

__._,_.___
Posted by: Phoebe Anne Sorgen <phoebeso at earthlink.net>
	• 	Reply to sender
<mailto:phoebeso at earthlink.net?subject=Re%3A%208am%20til%206pm%20SF%20Fed%20Bldg%20tomorrow%20re%20DAP%20emergency%20action>
	• 	Reply to group
<mailto:fukushimaresponse at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%208am%20til%206pm%20SF%20Fed%20Bldg%20tomorrow%20re%20DAP%20emergency%20action>
	• 	Start a New Topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fukushimaresponse/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJmYWI2a3Y2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzg2NTM2ODIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MDY4MgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0ODY1MTk4NjM->
	• 	Messages in this topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fukushimaresponse/conversations/topics/3935;_ylc=X3oDMTM1ajQxMHJxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzg2NTM2ODIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MDY4MgRtc2dJZAMzOTUyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQ4NjUxOTg2MwR0cGNJZAMzOTM1>
(4)

• Privacy <https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/groups/details.html>
• Unsubscribe
<mailto:fukushimaresponse-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>