Subject: [G-I-wg] First Petition of the Petition Season
From: garden beekeeper <[email-masked]>
To: green issues working group <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:10:22 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: GP of Cal Green Issues Working Group business <green-issues-wg.cagreens.org>

The first petition of the California petition season is below. The
2/3rds requirement is designed to block any municipal electric systems
from being expanded. Community Choice Aggregators are also targeted to
reduce any competition in the energy field to corporations. 

The Green Party of California should oppose this petition and do so while it is circulation.

Peace,

Will Yeager

1369. (09-0015)
        
 New Two-Thirds Requirement for Local Public Electricity Providers.  Initiative Constitutional Amendment.

          Summary Date:  07/23/09
          
          Circulation Deadline:  12/21/09
          
          Signatures Required: 694,354 

      

        Proponent: Robert Lee Pence c/o Steve Lucas  (415) 389-6800
        Requires
local governments to obtain the approval of two-thirds of the voters
before providing electricity to new customers or expanding such service
to new territories if any public funds or bonds are involved. Requires
same two-thirds vote to provide electricity through a community choice
program if any public funds or bonds are involved. Requires the vote to
be in the jurisdiction of the local government and any new territory to
be served. Provides exceptions to the jurisdiction of the voting
requirements for a limited number of identified projects. Summary of
estimate by Legislative Analyst and Director of Finance of fiscal
impact on state and local governments: Unknown impact on state and
local government costs and revenues, depending on future voter
decisions, due to the measure's potential effects on electricity rates
and publicly owned utility operations. (09-0015.)
(Full Text) 

http://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/initiatives/pdfs/i812_initiative_09-0015.pdf

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

_______________________________________________
Green-issues-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cagreens.org/mailman/listinfo/green-issues-wg