Subject: TALC reps -- What should TALC Do on Bonds?
From: Stuart Cohen - TALC <[email-masked]>
To: TALC Member Reps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:00:05 -0700

Transportation and Land Use Coalition (TALC)

DEAR TALC MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE:
By now the ink has dried long enough on the legislature's various bond 
proposals that many groups have taken positions, or can predict their 
organizations positions.

We are surveying TALC's 45 member organizations to get a sense of these 
positions, and to get your recommendations on what TALC should do.  The 
link below on survey monkey takes you to a very short survey that should 
take about five minutes to fill out if you already know about the bonds. If 
you don't know about the bonds it has a brief description of them, in a 
relatively objective format that mostly gives the substance ( of course, we 
can only be so objective).

To take this survey press this 
link:  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=486812174110

The results of this survey will be analyzed, summarized, and sent back out 
to our member representatives and our Board of Directors.  The Board of 
Directors will make the final decision at the July 18 Board meeting, based 
largely on the feedback that we receive.  We have set aside some staff time 
to be active on the campaign (assuming there is a position other than neutral).

Please respond by Friday June 9, the sooner the better. Thank you very much 
for participating, and feel free to call or e-mail me with any questions 
about the process, or about the content of the bonds.  My direct line is 
510-740-3101.

All the best!
Stuart Cohen

Transportation and Land Use Coalition (TALC)
_______________________________________________________
You received this email because you are a representative for a TALC Member 
or Affiliate Group.

If someone else should be receiving this email for your group, please reply 
with "Change Representative" in the subject line and include a name and 
contact information for the correct representative.

______________________________________________________________________________
TALC is a partnership of over 90 groups working for a sustainable and 
socially just Bay Area. We envision a region with healthy, walkable 
communities that provide all residents with transportation choices and 
affordable housing. The coalition analyzes county and regional policies, 
works with community groups to develop alternatives, and coordinates 
grassroots campaigns.

mem-grp-reps