No subject

Tue Sep 4 11:13:54 PDT 2007

To become a delegate to the nominating convention, you need to be  either recruited by one of the seven candidates to be on their slate, and/or  volunteer with your county to be back-up slate that the candidates can  choose from if they do not recruit enough on their own.  For the  candidates recruiting, it is not just a matter of numbers, as the numbers  also have a requirement to match several diversity factors.  Information  will be going out to the counties about seeking folks wanting to  attend as nominating delegates. Delegates can be listed on a county slate as  well as a candidate slate, but they can't be on more than one  candidate's slate. Candidates will not know how many delegates they actually  need until: 1) we know how many delegates CA is apportioned; 2) what  proportion of the vote they get in the February primary.

When contacting a candidate, provide the following information, your:

Full name, phone, email, mailing address

County of residence

Gender (to allow gender balance):

Racial/ethnic group (to allow racial diversity):

Other under-represented group (LGBT, disabled, etc.)

BECOME A SUSTAINER FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO GREEN PARTY!

The San Francisco Green Party is engaged in numerous financially  intensive activities/events, including our first-ever election newspaper with  the SFGP's candidate and proposition endorsements for the recent  November election.  We distributed the paper to every registered   Green in  San Francisco, which set us back thousands of dollars in mailing,  production and printing costs.  Please help in our fundraising efforts  by becoming a Green Party sustainer, or making a one-time donation!

Your generous contributions now will help us finish the year on strong  financial footing and get a jump-start on the 2008 elections.  Please help us remain solvent by donating now!  http://www.sfgreenparty.org/makeadonation/makeadonation.html

Volunteers Needed: Contact cc at sfgreens.org or  susan_e_vaughan at yahoo.com.

Thank you for your on-going support!